Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

3 weeks and 90 pounds later...

We at Rutley Chiropractic and Weight Loss Lake Tahoe are very excited to report that our first group of Ideal Protein members has lost a total of 90 pounds of FAT and 131 inches in only three weeks! Our next "Night Out", which is a free seminar at our office in Kings Beach, is scheduled for Monday April 4th at 6pm. This is the night you are invited to learn about the protocol, meet your coaches and decided if this is the right fat loss program for you. This is the night we accept new members and we encourage you to RSVP, as space is limited to 20 attendees only.  Wednesday, April 6th, we have a special guest speaker who will discuss "How Hunger Works".  This is a class for our Ideal Protein members only, and is not open to the public. This is a "free" class designed to help all of our members become experts of their own bodies and physiology. Have you ever wondered why eating a plate of pasta with linguini sauce gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling? Ever noticed that no matter how much personal willpower and resolve some of us have, given the right (or WRONG) situation where hunger and deprivation collide with the Girlscout cookies in the backseat of the car, there seems to be no way to win?
I learned personally about shopping while hungry one day, and how failure to plan is planning to fail when it comes to healthy eating. A busy day at the office meant a skipped lunch and 5 hours without food (or water!). Rather than eat first, I decided to go shopping on my way home to "get it out of the way". BIG mistake. My usual trip around the perimeter of the store where the produce and meats are found somehow mysteriously landed me in the cracker aisle. It was as if my shopping cart had it's own ideas-like "Christine" in that old Stephen King movie! As disgusting at Cheese-Its (or are they cheezits?) may seem to some of you, they happen to be one of my all time favorite junk foods. "I'll just buy a box for the house...". Yeah....right you will. What does THAT mean, anyway? The house doesn't eat cheese crackers. I think a few crumbs made it home. I made it home too....full stomach, no longer hungry for my nutrient rich lunch, and really, really thirsty! That mistake set me back about 3 days in my "fat loss program", as I was now fully carbohydrate (glycogen) loaded! Lesson learned. Meal skipping is just one of my old habits that got me where I was when I started Ideal Protein, and they tend to rear their ugly heads, providing me with great "learning moments" along the way.
Join our team, join our blog so you can share YOUR stories and tips, and we will see you at "Night Out"!
Dr Kellee~ 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ladies, quite inspiring. This is very well written.

    ReplyDelete