Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

How I Met Purple Cauliflower

I love the fact that there is some truth to the saying "you learn something new every day". Even after 36 years on this planet of ours, I only just learned last week that one can find and eat delicious PURPLE cauliflower. Not only is it tasty, but beautiful as well, especially when mixed artfully with orange cauliflower, light green cauliflower, the regular old white variety, and some broccoli thrown in for good measure. As I wandered in the produce section at Trader Joe's, I caught a glimpse of these pre-washed and prepped beauties arranged conveniently in a microwaveable tray, and decided to bring a couple packages home with me.

These crucifers did not last long in my fridge. One steamed tray-full was enjoyed with some Ideal Protein Creamy Chicken Soup poured over the top and seasonings to taste. The other with just a bit of grapeseed oil drizzled over and some sea salt and pepper. Delicious! The Ideal Protein protocol demands that one consumes ample amounts of nutrient-rich and healthy vegetables through all phases. I have embarked on a number of vegetable adventures and made some colorful discoveries over the last 6 weeks, since I began the protocol. Not only has Ideal Protein provided me with the gift of 18 pounds of fat loss, 25 inches gone, and undoubtedly healthful changes on the inside; but I have been introduced to new healthy recipes, some new veggies and new motivation to explore beyond the short list of vegetables my 4-year old daughter is willing to eat. In fact, my 4-year old daughter was intrigued enough by the vibrant and unusual hues in my bowl of cauliflower and broccoli, she tried some of the purple...and loved it!

The last six weeks of focused and thoughtful eating have enabled many improvements to take place in me, my attitude toward food and my body, and my overall physical and mental health. Anyone seeking to be similarly inspired toward positive change is invited to call us at Rutley Chiropractic (530) 546-5190 to find out more about how we can work together to meet your goals!

Wishing you the best,
Coach Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Mandy-you are a rockstar, and you continue to inspire and make our members laugh every day! Each and every one of your IP members is making HUGE progress every week! xoxo Dr Kellee

    ReplyDelete